Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Technology Makes Johnny Depp Want To Run Away Screaming

 Technology Makes Johnny Depp Want To Run Away Screaming

Johnny Depp reveals that certain developments in technology have not been a positive thing and believes that people are losing their sense of self.
“Sometimes I’d like to run away screaming from our technology-obsessed world, the invasive media, the madness of reality TV. We’ve lost touch with the simple things of life. We’re losing our individuality.”
He says that owning an island may sound a bit grand, but it’s actually a necessity for his mental health:
“The island might sound extravagant but I need somewhere I can breathe easily or just sit around and chat without someone taking my picture.”
Johnny, who is starring in the upcoming animated film ‘Rango’, shared how his life has changed since meeting partner Vanessa Paradis and becoming a father to Lily-Rose, 11, and Jack, 8.
“Anything I’d done before was kind of an illusion. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life. Now, my greatest hope is that I’ll be fair to the people I love.”
I’m sure many celebrities would love to have an island retreat – somewhere to just go and be themselves without the fear of the paparazzi capturing every moment on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment