Thursday, January 6, 2011

Natalie Portman’s Parents Keep Her Grounded

 Natalie Portman’s Parents Keep Her Grounded

Black Swan‘ actress Natalie Portman shares that her parents are supportive of her acting, but are hoping she’ll go to grad school.
“My parents are the opposite of stage parents in that they’re still not so sure about the whole Hollywood thing. I got a degree in psychology at Harvard and my dad is still saying, ‘This being an actress thing is cute, but don’t you think it’s time to go to grad school?’ They are amazing parents who listen to me and respect what I say, and the reason I’m not totally crazy is I know they’re at home, happy, loving me and proud of me no matter how badly I fail. If you have that in your life, you feel free to do anything.”
The newly engaged star also shared that she has another fella in her life that loves her unconditionally (and it’s not fiance Benjamin Millepied:
“I have an amazing dog called Whiz, a black and brown Yorkie – lots of shades going on in that coat. He turned four last Halloween. He has this amazing intuition of knowing how people feel and when he’s in a room full of people he’ll sit next to the one person who’s thinking, ‘I don’t really like dogs,’ then he’ll roll over and show them his belly. He’s like a little moving teddy bear. He’s the sweetest thing.”
I’m sure her parents are excited about becoming grandparents! And if it weren’t for that “Hollywood thing” Natalie Portman is doing – she never would’ve met their future son-in-law! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment