Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Michael Douglas Shares: Cancerous Tumor Is Gone!

 Michael Douglas Shares: Cancerous Tumor Is Gone!

Michael Douglas is celebrating today – after months of chemo and radiation, the cancerous tumor in his throat is GONE. In an interview with Matt Lauer that’s airing tomorrow, he shared:
“I feel good, relieved. The tumor is gone. But, you know, I have to check out on a monthly basis now to maintain.”
Michael is pretty confident that he’s beaten cancer:
“I think the odds are with the tumor gone,” Douglas, 66, says, “and what I know about this particular type of cancer [is] that I’ve got it beat.”
He says he lost over 30 pounds during his treatments, but is on the road back to good health:
“I lost about 32 lbs.. And I’ve put about 12 back. But, I mean, I got another 20, 25 to go.”
Michael also shared his deeper understanding about what matters in life:
All of a sudden the affection from my family, from my friends, and from my fans hit me at a much deeper level than I would have ever imagined before. And it gave me a really new appreciation of just how valuable, how precious good friends are and family.”
“There’s a much deeper feeling. And I’ve talked to other cancer survivors about this, that – that happens, that you just really, really appreciate what’s important in life.”
I am so thrilled for him! What fantastic news!

No comments:

Post a Comment