Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Matt LeBlanc Thinks His Marriage Was Doomed

 Matt LeBlanc Thinks His Marriage Was Doomed

After less than 3 years of marriage Matt Leblanc split from his then-wife Melissa McKnight. Now the former ‘Friends’ star says that between his failing sitcom ‘Joey’ and caring for his sick daughter, the marriage didn’t stand a chance!
“The stress of the show not working took its toll on me, it took its toll on my marriage.
“My marriage was maybe doomed anyway, I don’t know. My daughter was diagnosed with a problem with her head and we had a nanny who sold the story about her to the papers. It was a very dark period.
“But I got through it. Don’t they say what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger?”
Matt told Seven magazine that he and Melissa are on good terms and that after ‘Joey’ ended he chose to take 5 years off to focus on his daughter.
“I was so burnt out after Joey, I just didn’t want to work. I wanted to not have a schedule, not be somewhere. And I was in a position where I could do that.
“I wanted to spend time with my daughter. She is the most important thing in my life, and spending time with her as the best thing I have ever done.”
Wow, I love that he chose to step away from the spotlight and care for his daughter instead of jumping back into another project! LeBlanc does have a new show now on Showtime called Episodes – have you seen it?! It looks really funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment