Thursday, January 6, 2011

Leighton Meester Depressed By Her Song Writing

 Leighton Meester Depressed By Her Song Writing

I had wondered if Leighton Meester was going to take her music career any further. She did some of the vocal on the Cobra Starship song Good Girls Go Bad, and then as far as mainstream music goes, we didn’t hear much from her again. But Leighton says that her songwriting is a little depressed and that she’s taking it easy.

After shooting Country Strong, she said,
“Because of this movie, I started doing that for myself and writing music that speaks to me and is from my heart and apparently, I’m really depressed.”
Her co-star in the movie, Gwyneth Paltrow, gifted her with a guitar!
“I just wrote a song at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The guitar has been a nice tool for me to be able to write. I want to release the music, but I’m not pressured to do it at the moment.”
And Leighton Meester also adds that she has a whole new respect for the genre of country music.
“It’s country music, it’s an entirely different world. I grew to love it, and I have this movie to thank for that.”

FP_5922223_GossipGirl_Set_AAR_102010


FP_6142790_TRG_Meester_Leighton_HerbEss_112410
 Photos by Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment