Monday, July 12, 2010

Taylor Momsen on Miley Cyrus Comparisons: Shut the Eff Up!

thehollywoodgossip - Miley Cyrus may be a colossal disappointment for a variety of reasons, but at least she doesn't curse, smoke or look like a raccoon at all times.

The same can't be said for Gossip Girl cast member Taylor Momsen.

Speaking to FHM UK this week, the 16-year old lashed out at critics that compare her to Miley, making it very clear that she doesn't see any similarities between the pair.

"I'm not looking to be Miley f*cking Cyrus," Momsen said. "I don't care about the fame. I do it because I love music. I like making records and if people like them, then we'll go along for the ride."

Taylor M.Miles in Concert

Momsen and Cyrus may both act and sing, but that's pretty much where the comparisons end. The former fronts rock band The Pretty Reckless, while the latter is nothing more than a Britney Spears wannabe at this point.

Still, Taylor feels a need to distance herself from Miley, adding: "I think the Disney bubblegum shit that the world is living right now is pathetic. I thought we passed that repression."

It's unclear what that actually means, but Gossip Girl fans have made their opinion of Momsen and her character well-known: Jenny Humphrey has been written out of most of next season on the show.

Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment