Friday, July 2, 2010

Kylie Minogue - Kylie Minogue's Cared-For Costumes

Kylie Minogue picture

Kylie Minogue's Cared-For Costumes


Kylie Minogue is amazed at how well her stage costumes are cared for now she has donated them to a museum.

Kylie Minogue thinks her clothes get treated better than she does.

The 42-year-old singer donated several of her stage costumes - including the iconic gold hot pants she donned in the video for her 2000 single 'Spinning Around' - to Melbourne's Performing Arts Museum in Australia and is amazed at how well the garments are cared for.

She said: "The gold hot pants are locked behind high security at the performing arts museum in Melbourne, where I've donated all my show costumes.

"The hot pants are not on display right now though, they're in storage in a temperature-controlled room. I'm not making this up.

"They went on tour - with some other outfits -and when they were displayed at the V&A museum in London they were behind a glass box. They're better treated than I am!"

The 'All the Lovers' singer admits she almost ran into trouble with museum curators when she started rearranging one of the displays.

She explained in an interview with BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills: "Before the first exhibition, there are ladies running around in white gloves putting everything in place.

"I went in to look at the display the day before they opened to the public and I was looking at this big crow feather headpiece. It wasn't sitting right on the mannequin so I moved it and the assistants were just there quivering at me.

"I still regard them as if they were mine so I was just manhandling them."

No comments:

Post a Comment